Virtual Insanity

Recommendation: Over 18.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

The value of art.

Some people look at abstract art and appreciate it to the point that they would part with millions of dollars for it. Now, I don't really like abstract art that much, because I feel like I can't relate to it... so, paying so much money seems like the silliest thing to do. So the value of a piece of art, for me, relies on how I can relate to it. How it effects my senses and if it awakens any memories or emotions. If, like a childhood song, it washes over me in warm golden waves, drenching me in nostalgia and memories that time has tried to erase.

For those who seem baffled by my sudden outburst of poetic crap, I'll explain what I'm getting to.

Nabhan. He's an Omani with talent. A great cartoonist. And even though I don't know shit when it comes to Digital Art, I do know that I love every bit of art that this gifted person creates.

His latest is my favourite, mostly because of the memories it brings back to me, but also because of the layering and the hues he uses in this particular design. Oh and that beautiful music too.




Simply beautiful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Oblivious said...

How much did he pay you? :P

Well, I like his work too, he's good.

2:07 pm  
Blogger lioness said...

Definately not enough. ROFL!

10:40 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember you saying that you're going to blog about this but never found a link to the actual blog b4 now. Thanks for this and I'm glad you enjoy my work.

Nice blog btw..I love the song 'virtual Insanity' too. ;)

2:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!