Virtual Insanity

Recommendation: Over 18.

Monday, July 17, 2006

The day I fell in love with Gozo.

What a day!

We spent the day in Gozo with the kids! It has been 3 yrs since I took the 20 minute ferry ride over.. and this morning, completely out of the blue, we decided to spend the day there... Sometimes the more you plan and dwell on something, the more likely it is to fall through.

The weather was beautiful, the sea lovely... we got there in time for lunch.. so we went to a restaurant in Marsalforn. I ordered king prawns in garlic and I was quite pissed off when I realised that they served (5) king prawns with a handfull of chips and a "burger" salad!

Heck! That was overpriced!

I wouldn't have ordered it if I'd known I was getting a 'kiddies' meal. Oh well. I wasn't gonna let something like food ruin my mood.

After lunch, we went swimming in Hondoq. What a beautiful place! I've always loved it there.

We really enjoyed it and managed not to get stung by the jellyfish masses that began arriving..


After that, we went to Xlendi for a pizza... but the kids slept. So we took a take away and eat on the rocks, beside the car, and watched the sun set over the Xlendi cliffs. How beautiful!


We purposely stayed late to miss the ferry traffic and queue. At 20.30 we find ourselves behind a line of traffic appearantly going to the ferry. My husband thought he can drive past the "queue" but we found a copper at the bottom who sent us back. This did not sink my husband's heart, I thought, as he took a turn that led to God knows where... we ended up going through this village... trying to get our bearings.. and I noticed how peaceful and clean everywhere was. "What a great place to bring your kids up", I thought. And this idea grew on me. I don't think I'd mind living in Gozo if push came to shove. In fact, I think I'd like the tranquility.

Everything is so well looked after. It shows that a woman is behind it's management.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog (better late than never lol!)

Nice work! I haven't read everything yet, of course the Gozo post pulled me in first. :)

10:51 pm  
Blogger lioness said...

hey berolina!!

welcome to a small piece of my mind. :)

Gotta check yours out when I get a minute.

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!